Quarantine in Bahrain vs COV 19 in India- day umm , sorry lost count- with Mad Max - TBK in 2024!

Happy New Year from the British Kabayan or in Tagalog we say "Maligayang bagong Taon" Ang taong 2024 ay ang pangalawang taon ko bilang retirado sa isla ng Palawan, at si Chester at ako ay magkakaroon ng iba't ibang karanasan na ibabahagi namin sa inyo dito sa aking blog. Maraming salamat kay Luis para sa mga bagong TBK cartoons!

New Stories!

Monday, May 3, 2021

Quarantine in Bahrain vs COV 19 in India- day umm , sorry lost count- with Mad Max

                               

                               Mad Max 3 - trapped in Andulas Palace

Good day, this is Max, and I am going mad because I am stuck in a hotel in Bahrain doing quarantine- after testing positive for COV 19. This is my third blog so lets call it Mad Max 3!  ( If you missed the first two you can find them by clicking on the links here Mad Max 1 and here Mad Max 2


               How many do you make it? I keep loosing count!

The days have become very long and seconds become minutes and minutes become hours. I am still counting floor tiles and checking a monster didn't come through the AC vents.



As well as the mental effects of being kept in Isolation this morning I first started to display the physical symptoms of COV 19.  I felt some discomfort and my body is not responding as it's supposed to. It's hurting whenever I breathe. My parents in India advised me to drink hot water all the time. This  which has been working out good for past few days but today I could feel some rise in my body temperature and discomfort in my breathing.

Even though I was not feeling well I did not want to skip any part of my daily quarantine routine which I planned.  I wish to stick to the plan and get through this tough phase.

I asked for medical help and have been told the doctor will arrive at lunch time to check us out. I am waiting for them to come. I hope they will give me some better suggestions and some tablets to make be feel better. They gave him some tablets and nasal spray.

                       
The first English book I have read! I managed 5 pages so far as I have to keep looking words up in the dictionary


Thanks to my friend who delivered some great snacks and a book last night. These snacks and the book makes the best combo and helps take my mind off my sickness. I was sad as I looked out of my prison cell and saw him wave as he drove away.


My friend , The British Kabayan, on the left delivering more gifts

My mind keeps wandering from Bahrain and I cannot stop thinking about my countrymen back in India. Here in Bahrain I have all the support ,food , doctors, good room.. everything here still I feel something missing.

I saw this picture of a healthcareworker takes swab of pilgrims returning from haridwar kumbhmela at the Sabarmati railway station during a specially arranged covid test camp in ahmedabad...I realised how lucky I was to have the first class medical facilities here in Bahrain for free.


As I try and close my eyes and sleep I think again about my people in India... lying down in high sick outside hospital in the hot sun waiting for their token number to be called...mother's love always great..

A health worker with a PPE suit attending to covid 19 patient at an isolation ward set up a the Shehnai banquet hall attached to the LNJP hospital in Delhi.


I hope I will get better soon and I thank you again for all your kind words. Now lets get back to my reading, exercises and counting roses on the wallpaper!


On Monday evening I had another lovely gift - a selection of cakes from Red Croissant Bakery in Juffair and a note to say that all the staff there wished me a " Speedy recovery"- that was so nice and the cakes tasted so good. Thank you all.


More bad news followed from India on Tuesday. My relatives back home full family members got positive got admitted in hospital.

On the positive side I learned from the international press that India is now getting support from various countries . Many nations have extended their helping hand towards India in this bad time..by sending oxygen cylinders and oxygen producing high tech machineries and PPEs.

However still the burning of bodies in the streets continues as you can see in the picture below. I tuck into one of the lovely cakes from Red Croissant and plan my reading and exercise routine for the day.


Meanwhile back in India....





What amazing pics- Instagram is spreading India's plight around the world and I hope my little blog will also do something to raise awareness of how bad COV 19 is and how easily you and your family can become infected, Just like me and my family.. time to rest now, more updates soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment