My Cov 19 Quarantine goes on and on and I am starting to go crazy- by guest blogger Max - TBK in 2024!

Happy New Year from the British Kabayan or in Tagalog we say "Maligayang bagong Taon" Ang taong 2024 ay ang pangalawang taon ko bilang retirado sa isla ng Palawan, at si Chester at ako ay magkakaroon ng iba't ibang karanasan na ibabahagi namin sa inyo dito sa aking blog. Maraming salamat kay Luis para sa mga bagong TBK cartoons!

New Stories!

Saturday, May 1, 2021

My Cov 19 Quarantine goes on and on and I am starting to go crazy- by guest blogger Max

 
      The view of the moon from my hotel room

Good day. If you did not read yesterday's blog my name is Max. I am a 24 year old Indian who has been working in Bahrain for just 6 months and I caught COV 19 from one of my colleagues at work . I have been "sentenced" to 14 days quarantine at the Andulas Palace hotel, and its now day 3....

                                              
                          Yesterday the hotel delivered my favourite fruit

Empty things teaches many things in my life...for example.. empty pockets when I'm studying college made me realise the value of money. Empty stomach made me realise the value of food...I never waste a single piece of rice...my plate will be as clean after eating. I always eat my food without wasting it.


India is empty of Oxygen. People are dying on the streets. The shortage of medical oxygen in the national capital region came to a head when one of the largest hospitals, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, on Friday reported that 25 severely ill patients had died in the past 24 hours and 60 other patients were at risk.


Back home in India the train stations were jam - packed - migrants from the city of Mumbai waited to board outstation trains at Lokmanya Tilak Terminus as Maharashtra government announced severe curfew-like restrictions for 15 days. Prohibitory orders under section 144 were imposed till May 02. Maybe I am better in my prison in Bahrain. 

                                             
                                      That's me Max, in my 4th floor prison cell in Bahrain

Now I think it's time for me to realise the importance of being empty in other words alone...yeah third day of my quarantine made me feel getting into feel with the silence in my room. The calmness around is taking over my brain.  I really miss people around me like my friends, my family back home in India, my well wishers here in Bahrain. Big shout out to all those who gave  such positive feedback on my first ever blog- Oliver, Chester and Neil etc). Sorry my English is not very good.

Last night one of my friends delivered some things I needed and as they texted me I was able to lean out the window and wave- I was so excited,  My first human contact in nearly a week.


              My goody bag arrived tonight- my first English book to read

You  know when you have nothing you appreciate such small things, like when there was a knock at the door tonight and I found a bag outside packed with my favourite things- thank you so much.


                   This is where I was taken to complete my quarantine

Yesterday I found myself  talking to myself in front of the mirror and blinking eyes double time. Last night I was checking that the moon moves or not.

I feel weird but this loneliness is makes things even worse . Trust me. 

Remember this could be you, stuck in Quarantine. Neil told me about two of his Phillipino friends who came into contact with COV 19 positive people and had to isolate for 14 days.

I did nothing wrong- I wore my mask, used my sanitizer, stayed at work where I live, and even had my first does of Vaccine. A nurse friend told me the Virus does not discriminate and the vaccination only protects from the first strain of the virus, and there are many mutations as in India.


Back in India I saw a picture of a Covid-19 patient waiting outside the emergency room of Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan Hospital (LNJP).  She was waiting for her admission, she could not be admitted as there were no hospital beds and a shortage of medical oxygen in New Delhi. Several other hospitals also reported dwindling supplies as the number of COVID-19 patients mounted. Artemis Hospital in Gurugram sent out at least two public calls for oxygen, while Max Healthcare, with six hospitals and 1,000 beds in the capital region, said at one point that it had less than one hour’s oxygen supply in two major hospitals. It is when I read all this I realise how much better off I am in Bahrain in my nice hotel room.

So here I am sat alone and my dearest friend Google has become my 24 hrs motivational speaker now...I'm really out of words .

Catch you tomorrow guys..with some new updates.

( If you missed the amazing first blog by Max you can find it here: Max's first Blog )


              Please get yourself vaccinated, don't become a Max!


No comments:

Post a Comment