TBK Travels - The British Kabayan learns to travel Pinoy style - TBK in 2024!

Happy New Year from the British Kabayan or in Tagalog we say "Maligayang bagong Taon" Ang taong 2024 ay ang pangalawang taon ko bilang retirado sa isla ng Palawan, at si Chester at ako ay magkakaroon ng iba't ibang karanasan na ibabahagi namin sa inyo dito sa aking blog. Maraming salamat kay Luis para sa mga bagong TBK cartoons!

New Stories!

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

TBK Travels - The British Kabayan learns to travel Pinoy style

 

Ready to head back to Bahrain after a week in Cambodia and Thailand

As I packed my bag in Bangkok, while chatting with a Pinoy who had come for a massage, I realised there was a major omission from my blog series on 50 ways to become proudly Phillipino!

Let me show you some pictures and see if you get it -  I know my Kabayan will, because it was they who taught me to pack like this ( thanks Isa for giving me the first one and Kuya Coco and Corleen for the rest!)
 

This was my first, guess what it's for

This was my second , much smaller, but just as important these days on vacation



It has two pouches for two different sizes!

I never have enough so I have to steal some from the hotels I stay in. One of the cheaper hotels I stayed at in Phnom Pehn did not have any so I had to get a friend to bring me two from the hotel he worked at!

 
What a collection!

The little red one I got from the Patong night market in Bangkok where I bartered a white baseball hat from 250 baht to 175!



Yayyy, success at bartering for Pasalubong

 So , have you got what I learnt from my Pinoy friends about travelling?

Bags, you gotta have bags!

 

My bag collection from a week in Cambodia and Thailand

The great thing about bags is you can use them for different things dependent in whether you are entering or leaving the country! So the big blue bag is for shoes coming in and stolen hotel toiletries in the way out. The light blue bag on the left carries toiletries in and gifts out. The little black bag with two compartments is for batteries on the way in and incense sticks and spices on the way out. The big white hotel laundry bags are for dirty shoes on the way back and dirty laundry! The plastic sleeves at the front have all the tickets, receipts and items for my scrapbooks, or places to return to on my next trip.


So that's the pinoy way to travel- Ingat, Kita kits


Once everything is bagged that just leaves a few clean clothes if I got my
 packing right

 

No comments:

Post a Comment