TBK gives - delivering early Christmas gifts to the Alimanguan Skimmers - TBK in 2024!

Happy New Year from the British Kabayan or in Tagalog we say "Maligayang bagong Taon" Ang taong 2024 ay ang pangalawang taon ko bilang retirado sa isla ng Palawan, at si Chester at ako ay magkakaroon ng iba't ibang karanasan na ibabahagi namin sa inyo dito sa aking blog. Maraming salamat kay Luis para sa mga bagong TBK cartoons!

New Stories!

Saturday, November 12, 2022

TBK gives - delivering early Christmas gifts to the Alimanguan Skimmers

 

  TBK chats to Darwin (Bimbo) and Jack outside Victoria Beach house, Alimanguan

Can you believe it is 2 years since I donated to Paskohan sa Alimanguan ?

This was 3 days of fun and festivities organised by the  Alimanguan Skimmers for the local people from 11 to 13 December 2020. If you missed that blog, then click here: There's lots of fun going on in St Vicente in the lead up to Christmas.... - The British Kabayan


      If you missed this clean up there is one more this year on 18 December

Back in 2020 I was stuck in Bahrain waiting for my Visa to enter the Philippines. This year I was delighted to meet some of the Skimmers for their Coastal Clean-up on 13.11.22. I set my alarm clock and was there at the meeting point at the allotted time (6 am). Luckily it was outside my hotel, Victoria Beach House, so when I realised Dionfil forgot to tell me it was 6 am Philippine time I headed back to my room for my breakfast! They eventually headed off at 8 am while I was eating my Pork Torcino and Itlog!


    My Breakfast (the recipe for Pork Torcino will be in my 2023 recipe book!)

I left my camera with one of the Skimmers, Andrew, and he got some great shots of his friends- some of which I have put on the British Kabayan Facebook page. 


Victoria Beach House donated 5 trash bags and the team headed off down the beach collecting plastic bottles as they went. As well as President Dionfil and Jack, Andrew and Darwin we were joined by Eirene, Hope, Len Len and Oliver. Chester came along as well. Jack and I wore our new Alimanguan Skimmers Tee shirts (Chester got his wet and dirty last night when we did a Photoshoot for his 2023 Calendar


           TBK adds a dangerous piece of broken glass he found on the beach


                    A rare photo of Jack smiling in his new Skimmers tee shirt

Eventually we all returned to the hotel and TBK made a presentation of 12 large bottles of Coca Cola and 12 bottles of Red Horse beer for the Special Celebration they are holding on 24th December for the members and officers.



From left to right: Darwen, Len Len ,Dionfil, TBK and Jack with the Christmas booze

I have been so impressed with all the activities the young people of Alimanguan organise each year from the Coastal clean ups, The Feeding programmes, the Reading Tutorial and the Giving of Relief clothes to the IP's community which I donated to earlier this year. 


You can read about this event by clicking this link:

https://thebritishkabayan.blogspot.com/2022/09/tbk-gives-to-alimanguan-skimmers.html

Sorry that Chester and I cannot join you on 24th December for your special celebration but please raise a glass to "Absent friends " as we will be thinking of you and look forward to supporting you again in 2023.


Finally, my special thanks to Andrew for taking all the photos and video footage of the cleanup (the Vlog of the Coastal Clean-up in Alimanguan is now posted on our YouTube channel and will be premiering on 21 November at 6 am Manila time- click on the picture below to see it)


Thanks also to Jack for arranging the tee shirt Printing for Chester and I and helping transport the gifts to Alimanguan and storing them at a secret location until the big day!

                   One of the photos I took last night for Chester's 2023 Calendar!


                         Our photographer, Andrew, with Darwen

Thanks again Skimmers for all your hard work and all that remains is for me to wish you Malygiang Pasko (Happy Christmas) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment