The best customer service in Bahrain- JKR computers - TBK in 2024!

Happy New Year from the British Kabayan or in Tagalog we say "Maligayang bagong Taon" Ang taong 2024 ay ang pangalawang taon ko bilang retirado sa isla ng Palawan, at si Chester at ako ay magkakaroon ng iba't ibang karanasan na ibabahagi namin sa inyo dito sa aking blog. Maraming salamat kay Luis para sa mga bagong TBK cartoons!

New Stories!

Monday, December 27, 2021

The best customer service in Bahrain- JKR computers

 

Having written two blogs about the worst customer service in Bahrain I thought I had better be totally fair and write one about the best customer service in Bahrain. Sadly , after 11 years here, it will be very short.

There is no doubt in my mind that the best customer service is from JKR Computers in Mahooz. My HP laptop has sadly broken down 3 times. Once the keyboard went, and certain keys did not work at all. They warned me that I needed to back up my data first and let me sit for 5 hrs. in reception while I did this. They then took the laptop for a day to check the part number and order it, let me have it back ( I explained I could not be without it) and then when the part arrived fitted it while I waited.

Next on 15 February 2021 the battery went and they did the quote, ordered the part and fitted it in a few days. By then I had bought a second Asus Laptop so was able to survive without the HP for a few days. I then decided to clear down the HP and transfer everything to the ASUS, so Grecil and Jhoanna could use the HP for their college work when I moved to Palawan. 


                 JKR make it so easy to contact them with scan for location

In July I set off to Dubai and Oman and took the ASUS and left the HP with Corleen in Bahrain. In my last two weeks in Oman the Windows boot up file on the ASUS became corrupted. My IT friends got me to check that my files remained undamaged (including 3 months photos, videos, vlogs etc. ), diagnosed the fault and advised me to wait until I returned to Bahrain and return the Asus to Sharaf DG as it was still under warranty. I was less than happy as this left me without a laptop for 2 weeks and it was the second purchase from Sharaf DG that failed while under warranty. I have covered their appalling customer service in a separate blog ( https://thebritishkabayan.blogspot.com/2020/05/customer-service-in-bahrain.html

I took the ASUS to Sharaf DG and they told me to take it to Computer world. When I eventually found the place ( it is not where it says on Google maps, they close for lunch for an hour, there is no parking and its down a narrow alley and the shutter is left down with only one door open) they were most helpful on my first visit. Why Sharaf DG do not give out a map to Computer world like they do for JKR I do not know!


                               They are now open 6 days a week

Computer world agreed with the diagnosis I had been given, confirmed my files were safe , and said they would reload Windows while I waited. So far, so good. Then it all went pear shaped, the download had to be restarted, they wiped out Microsoft office, and although they got the laptop going again and all my files were saved I could not open them as there was no word, excel, PowerPoint etc. and the whole operation took 5 hours! Worse was to come, a month later it would not start at all. I went back to Sharaf DG to complain but after a long wait got no where and was told to return it to Computer world and that I needed to supply the charger ( which they did not need the first time) and that all my files would be wiped out ( see above for my reply!). Computer world identified that it needed a new mother board, the first one they ordered was faulty, and it was only just returned after 3 weeks just before I flew to Dubai. Whilst the work was done under warranty again it was very frustrating having to constantly chase them to find out when it would be ready.


I was having a bad IT month because while the ASUS was in for it's lengthy repair the HP broke down again. At first it would not start, but the Pinay receptionist at JKR identified that a screw was missing from the base, which she had replaced free of charge, and it worked!

Then a few days later the same happened again and I had to take it back. This time it was admitted for surgery on 1.12.21 and a few days later they emailed to say it needed a new LCD unit and they asked if I wanted the RAM upgraded. As I produce more blogs and videos I was running out of storage space on Google drive and the laptop and having to use an externa hard drive. So I agreed. They told me they had an LCD in stock, but the next day that it was faulty and they had ordered another. I explained my ASUS was also in repair and I was leaving on 14.12.21 for 2 months in Dubai and needed to take the HP with me as it had all the hotel bookings and spreadsheets on , and was my only laptop with Microsoft  office following the error by Computer world deleting it from the ASUS!


      My repaired HP in the new office of TBK in Ibis Al Barsha , Dubai

They said they would do their best to get it fixed in time but by then it was Wednesday 8 December and they explained they had to get the new LCD and fix it and test it after they upgraded the RAM. I was not hopeful of having a working laptop to take to Dubai! Late on the afternoon of Thursday the 9th they called to say it was ready, that they were closed on Friday but open on Saturday. I was so happy to get my laptop back ( the ASUS came back the day before, still minus Microsoft office) . So I decided to swap laptops and use the HP and give the newer ASUS to my anaks, and buy them Microsoft Office. 


So happily here I sit in Dubai at Ibis Al Barsha with hot chocolate and mince pies (see above ) typing this blog on my HP Laptop, thanks to JKR!


Happy new Year everyone and lets hope no more of m purchases from Sharaf DG Break down!








No comments:

Post a Comment