TBK cooks Worcestershire Sauce with mint and Lamb chops - TBK in 2024!

Happy New Year from the British Kabayan or in Tagalog we say "Maligayang bagong Taon" Ang taong 2024 ay ang pangalawang taon ko bilang retirado sa isla ng Palawan, at si Chester at ako ay magkakaroon ng iba't ibang karanasan na ibabahagi namin sa inyo dito sa aking blog. Maraming salamat kay Luis para sa mga bagong TBK cartoons!

New Stories!

Wednesday, November 3, 2021

TBK cooks Worcestershire Sauce with mint and Lamb chops

 


If you have lived in Worcester in the UK, like I did for 10 years, you will recognise this picture immediately as the home of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce. You probably can still remember the smell as you walked past! The famous sauce has been made for centuries, as the video below shows, and there is now a commemorative plaque on the site. 


Here is the Video:

How they make Worcestershire Sauce

If you do not recognise the factory, wherever you live in the world , I am sure you will recognise the iconic bottle:


So when Chester asked me to choose a Traditional British Recipe for our International Recipe calendar the choice was an easy one, from my Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce Recipe book!


It is easy to make ( even if you only have one pot to cook with!) and delicious as I love Lamb. Here is the recipe:


One of my bad habits is not checking Chester's work and this recipe is a classic example. As I made this dish again in June 2020 for the Blog I prepared the sauce and poured on a good inch of Caster sugar, and then I realised it should have said a good Pinch of Caster Sugar!


         The Worcestershire sauce with mint and just a pinch of caster sugar

Another reason I like this recipe is because it's very healthy serving the Lamb chops on a bed of Aubergine (Eggplant to the Phillipino's) and red pepper ( Capsicum)

                                       

                        I also used up some broccoli and carrots and new potatoes


As I don't have an Oven I fried the Peppers and Aubergine and the Lamb Chops!


Special thanks to the Pinoy Butcher at Alosra Riffa Palms for cutting fresh chops for me - we had 8 which was enough for 4 people. Also to Mark for digging out fresh Mint and the Aubergine and Pepper. He used to get the fresh veg at 4 am from the market daily and always gave me the new stock fresh from the market when Jake and I used to go shopping at 730 am on a Friday. Now Jake is on his way to a new job in Vietnam teaching, Mark is on late shift and I have moved to Hidd!



Now that's what you call a traditional British Lunch, which my regular readers will know is something I rarely make as I prefer Asian and Middle Eastern food these days!

While we are on a British theme here are some more pics for you from my old home and of me preparing the dish for the 2018 Recipe Calendar


My own photos of Worcester are on an external hard drive in storage in Palawan as I write this but I downloaded this picture of one of the old streets in Worcester. If you are in the UK it is well worth a visit ,as well as the pretty Cotswold Villages like Broadway in the county of Worcestershire.

I still have many friends there and happy memories of the first house that I bought at 6 Livingstone street. Best wishes to Carol , Gill and Marion, my neighbours for 10 years there, and of course Fran and Becky and everyone at Charlies Café Bar in Sidbury where I was a suki ( Regular Customer) . I have a blog ready to upload about Fran but after the recent death of my friend David after my Blog about him I am a bit reluctant to upload it , just in case the same happens to Fran.

 

I hope you enjoyed the recipe and learning about Worcestershire and it's famous sauce

Until the next time ....


No comments:

Post a Comment