TBK tries scrambled egg and bacon - TBK in 2024!

Happy New Year from the British Kabayan or in Tagalog we say "Maligayang bagong Taon" Ang taong 2024 ay ang pangalawang taon ko bilang retirado sa isla ng Palawan, at si Chester at ako ay magkakaroon ng iba't ibang karanasan na ibabahagi namin sa inyo dito sa aking blog. Maraming salamat kay Luis para sa mga bagong TBK cartoons!

New Stories!

Friday, January 21, 2022

TBK tries scrambled egg and bacon

 

Breakfast , day one

Scrambled egg and bacon- that's  all I wanted for breakfast. Not much to ask when the rate for your hotel includes breakfast. As I was staying at Al Saffir Tower during Ramadan and Eid in COV19 I had checked there would be breakfast. They even included it in my rate. There was a card to tick and hang in the door by 3 am. I was suspicious as it was dirty, well worn and looked like it had never been  used but I filled it in and hung it on the door and went to sleep. When I got up at 6 a m for my walk it was still there so I asked the Maarte Sosyal Pinay receptionist if I could order breakfast. She told me to call from my room , then dialed a number and handed me the phone.

"Can I order breakfast?""

"What?"
"Breakfast"
"what?"
"Bacon and egg"


30 mins later bacon and egg arrives- hurrah, with toast, ( well hot bread) ,tomato and coffee.


Breakfast day 2

Day 2, lessons learned. Dispensed with the card and reception. Dialed room service on 6, the number on the equally tattered room service menu in the room. 


"Yes?"


"Can I order breakfast?"


"No"


"But I dialed 6 for room service"


"No , its 300 now"


Dial 300


"Reception"


"Can I order breakfast?"


"whaat?"


"B R E A K F A S T!"


"No you need room service"


"I dialed them and they told me to call you"


"What do you want?"


"Cereal and coffee"


An hour later I got Hash browns, tomato, scrambled egg, toast, orange juice, fruit platter and coffee



Day 3 Breakfast

Day 3- straight to reception


"Can I order breakfast?"


"Sure sir, what would you like" 


"That really doesn't matter, because the last two days you sent something different- surprise me!"


30 mins later coffee, orange juice, fruit platter, hash brown , tomato ,  scrambled egg and a basket of toast





Day 3

Day 4- I chickened out of the Al Saffir tower breakfast roulette and got a salad from the local supermarket!



Day 5- last day

I decided to give them one last chance, and besides it was included in the rate!


"Can I have coffee, orange juice and fruit platter"


"Sure , sir"


And that's what I got !


Bingo


One hotel I will never stay at again!



One of the worst hotels in Bahrain

Time to sign out...




No comments:

Post a Comment