TBK cooks a very special meal for his anaks this Christmas- Part one - TBK in 2024!

Happy New Year from the British Kabayan or in Tagalog we say "Maligayang bagong Taon" Ang taong 2024 ay ang pangalawang taon ko bilang retirado sa isla ng Palawan, at si Chester at ako ay magkakaroon ng iba't ibang karanasan na ibabahagi namin sa inyo dito sa aking blog. Maraming salamat kay Luis para sa mga bagong TBK cartoons!

New Stories!

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

TBK cooks a very special meal for his anaks this Christmas- Part one

 

Back in July I asked the 5 students I sponsor and their partners to give me one dish each that they wanted to eat at our Christmas lunch on 10 December. You can see their choices above. Next my challenge was to make sure I could cook each dish and I wanted to practice before December.

One of the first dishes I tried was the dessert, Frozen Fruit Salad. I loved it so much I gave it a "BONGGA" rating and "Triple Sarap" in my Pinoy recipe book.


The dish is a frozen mixture of tinned fruit salad and peaches, an apple and is topped with cherries. The fruit is held together with double cream, cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk.

Frozen Fruit Salad is a favourite at parties and during the holiday season here in the Philippines.


     I hope my Frozen Fruit Salad will be one of the stars of my Christmas Menu

The recipe book says it serves 12 to 15 people so there should be enough for everyone.  This year as well as my 5 scholars and their partners we have two kitchen assistants (Noel and Frythy), a waiter, Joven, and the decorations will be done by Reyner. The event will be recorded for posterity by Arjen (photos) and Luis), so I make that 16 people!


  The finished item after its frozen for 24 hours and then has 2 hours in the fridge

As well as making the dish, for the second time, we made a TBK Cooks vlog showing you how it's done. On the second day Jhoanna joined us for the tasting. As the electrician Jayson promised to schedule still has not showed up, 2 weeks later, we had to use all the TBK vlog lighting!

                    Jhoanna checks the focus for the tasting session 

When I come back from Sabang I will try making the Garlic shrimps and the Chicken adobo with Pineapple. My aim is that by the start of December I have practiced every dush on our Christmas menu!

If you want to see how to make the Frozen Fruit Salad watch our Vlog by clicking the picture below:


 


No comments:

Post a Comment