TBK tries- The best bit about hip replacements is... - TBK in 2024!

Happy New Year from the British Kabayan or in Tagalog we say "Maligayang bagong Taon" Ang taong 2024 ay ang pangalawang taon ko bilang retirado sa isla ng Palawan, at si Chester at ako ay magkakaroon ng iba't ibang karanasan na ibabahagi namin sa inyo dito sa aking blog. Maraming salamat kay Luis para sa mga bagong TBK cartoons!

New Stories!

Wednesday, July 28, 2021

TBK tries- The best bit about hip replacements is...

 ..going home! And realising how much you mean to everyone. Zainab called the hospital to check I was OK and sent flowers and chocolates, Mike went to the (wrong) hospital to see me, Corleen was busy buying medical supplies, Neil G had a grab rail fitted in my bathroom , and Andrea called round with goodies.


The latest additions to the Porter household in Bahrain, a month before my 60 th birthday

 

On top of all that I had loads of emails and messages from work on Teams - thanks to my brothers, Keith,  Jim,  Crystal, Andrea, Alpesh, Jane Frost and Jane Harders, Maureen, Matthew, Evan, Latha, John Jaworski, Kuya Ran in Palawan and many more. 
 

Grab rail from Neil G
 
   
Meanwhile I have been doing my lung, wrist and leg exercises which included me climbing stairs, walking along the corridor, turning and sitting , as well as using the toilet with my Zimmer frame, Physios and Nurses. My wonderful surgeon, Dr Butt, has been to see me for the 4th day running and explained the next steps of my recovery .
 
I had my dressing changed, cheese rolls and porridge for breakfast and yet more x-rays to check the titanium had not moved. My first visitor was a pigeon!

I even managed a smile for the camera in spite of all the pain

My thanks to all the medical team at King Hamad University Hospital  who looked after me there. They were so polite, caring, professional, and looked after my every need for 4 days, 24 hours a day. Thank you, Shukran and Salamat!
 
But the best bit of all, was going home where Julz was waiting to look after me for the next 6 weeks of my recovery.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment